Vikings FC is a soccer club focused on the development of youth soccer players in the Northern Valley area of Bergen County, NJ. Founded in 2000, thousands of players have progressed from the Vikings into elite soccer organizations, high school varsity programs, and college soccer careers. Our teams compete in the Northern Counties Soccer Association (NCSA) as well as the Elite Development Program (EDP). Click here to learn more about our club.
WHY SHOULD YOUR CHILD CONSIDER TRYING OUT FOR VIKINGS FC?
- VFC staff are independent contractors who take pride in the teams they train and coach
- VFC staff are not only at training sessions, but at games too! We love our parent volunteers, but the gameday coaching is delivered by the soccer professionals
- VFC soccer decisions are made by a team of experienced Directors of Coaching, not parent volunteers/community members
- Multiple towns come together under the VFC umbrella building new healthy friendships for players and their families
- VFC is led by a volunteer board of directors skilled in many different areas who use their expertise to grow the organization
- Programs for players of ALL levels
- VFC works closely with the recreation departments of local towns
Who plays for Vikings FC?
- Although the vast majority of our club comes from Haworth, Closter, and Demarest, our tryouts are open to players from any towns.
- Players of all levels play for Vikings FC. We pride ourselves on finding teams for all players to either play on or at least train with! We are all about inclusion!
What makes the Vikings special?
- Unlike other pay-to-play organizations in Bergen County, NJ, the Vikings carefully form teams with appropriate roster sizes so players actually see the field of play. We understand that players want to play, so if they are placed on a team with the Vikings, this is what they will do!
- We are NOT motivated by wins and losses (not like we don't like to win), rather we are motivated by A.) player development B.) players having fun in our favorite sport.
- We understand that children have lives outside of soccer. As much as we would love our players to breathe, eat, and sleep soccer, we know that family time and education are the priority. With this, we are flexible with our members, often offering alternate training sessions to members with conflicts (avail upon request and if avail).
What if I don't think my child is quite strong enough for travel club soccer?
As stated above, we are all about inclusion. We have multiple teams at nearly all age levels. Even if we can't offer your child a full spot, we can explore reserve models at lower fees so the child can train and play in games when their level improves or if the team needs players for that given game! It cannot hurt to come tryout.
Photo Gallery Updated 4/12/21